6.28.2006

shaw's is for peasants

here's a little story that needs to be heard.
i was in the supermarket. (word rick?) word.

anyways i was in shaw's/star market with my homeboys krish and willywerb. everything was going well - i found the small bottles of perrier i was after, among other necessities like smoked salmon, paper towels, and cheeze. i went to the register to ring up the food.

actually i don't feel like retelling this story because it's too painful. here it is in a nutshell: SOME MOTHERFUCKER TOOK MY WALLET!!! i put it down as i looked over the receipt that the excruciatingly incompetent cashier had given me. we left the shaw's, and right as i hopped into krish's car i realized that i didn't have it on me. i said "shit hell ass" and ran back but it was GONE and the dirty hispanic couple in line behind me claimed they never saw it. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!? shit.

a hilarious detail about the couple: the dude was a fat oldish guy who was wearing, of all things, a terry tate t-shirt.

by the grace of god alone i have my credit card with me because i put it in my back pocket after i got the receipt. thank fuck. that and i have my harvard id. so i guess all they'll get is phone numbers of cute girls and drug dealers written on restaurant business cards. and 53 dolares and my beloved wallet. it was a brown kenneth cole with a money clip. normally i wouldn't really mind but it was a gift from my mother, who is a big fan of kenneth cole.

sigh.

1 comment:

andrew paik said...

u don't like terry tate?