6.04.2007

john mayer - no such thing

i think i alternate between bouts of being incredibly hopeful and terribly alone. i just got one of those "i'm graduating" mass emails from one of my best friends from high school. he's in my homeland, china, planning to find his way overland to his homeland, italy. like me, he was also without aim or academic excellence. soon enough i'm going to be over there too without a job or purpose. it really hit me when i ran into a couple of freshman hookups and they both told me "well, i'll miss you! good luck in the future!" it made me realize that i really have no clue what i'll be doing in the future. zero clue. it's easy to tell people traveling and medical school but that all seems so far away on the horizon that it has no substance to me right now.

2 comments:

ming said...

'Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board. For some they come in with the tide. For others they sail forever on the horizon, never out of sight, never landing until the Watcher turns his eyes away in resignation, his dreams mocked to death by Time. That is the life of men.'

J said...

'but why is the rum gone?'
-captain jack sparrow